Lou Dawg's, Downtown/Ryerson University

11:44 AM

LOU DAWG'S
76 Gerard St E 
Toronto, ON 
M5G 2A7 Canada
Take-out - Pub - Southern/Soul - BBQ - Free WiFi
$$


High, high hopes expecting to bite into the best Pulled Pork I've ever had. Entering Lou Dawg's with a basement-esque feel with country music blasting, this scene was already not my kind of jam. Free Wi-Fi here, so that got a few things a tad more exciting. 

1. Meat Combos - 1 Meat + 2 Sides ($11.95)
Pulled Pork w/Deep Fried Pickles & Sweet Potato Fries

This was certainly underwhelming, such small portions. I would have been much better off trying a sandwich, but, damn my no-burger/sandwich misfortune. The Pulled Pork was of such a small portion, and wasn't great at all - I expected more from the sauces, very little flavour. The Deep Fried Pickles weren't fantastic either, the thin, fine breading was an irritating combination as well.

2. Sauces in Ketchup, 2 x BBQ & Chili - Easy to carry in a Beer-bottle holder
3. Pulled Pork Chili is served with Bread Bun halves, in a wooden bowl

This place wouldn't ever be my first choice, I won't be coming here again. 

  Lou Dawg's Southern Barbecue on Urbanspoon


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe