One of a Kind, Queen West

7:41 AM

ONE OF A KIND
West Queen West, Trinity Bellwoods
746 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON
M6J 1E9 Canada
Italian - Daily Lunch Specials - Take-out 10% off
$

There are way too many restaurants, boutiques and retails stores along Queen West, I don't think anybody really takes the time to take in each one of them. I annoyingly take it all in by reading all I can, in a half-second time-frame that I pass by on the 501 streetcar. 

My friend would endlessly rave about One of a Kind and his visits here as a kid. I was rather reluctant and delayed my visit to this place. Incredible deals of daily lunch and dinner specials listed outside the restaurant would draw me nearer and nearer each time. But, the mismatched furniture, old-school and over-grown melted candle were immediate signs that an immediate visit from Gordon Ramsay was needed. Casual dining with fine-dining mannerisms seemed rather tacky to me. This place was definitely not for me.

1. Complimentary Garlic Bread
2. Caesar Salad ($4.50)

1. Spicy Sausage Spaghettini ($13.90)
Served with Spicy Italian Sausage, Red Peppers, Black Olives, Onions and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes in Garlic & Olive Oil
2. One of a Kind Pasta ($14.95)
Chicken, Duck, Shrimps, Sweet Italian Sausage, with Onion, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Red and Green Pepper in an Garlic Basil Olive Oil Served with Capellini

The Spicy Sausage Spaghettini was disappointingly over-cooked, with absolutely no bite. The dish lacked authentic flavours. The hopes for the One of a Kind Pasta was set fairly high at this point - I have an instant intuition to order dishes with the name of the restaurant. I was surprised by the long list of items included in this one dish - but, it surprisingly tasted a lot like soy sauce throughout. My only cheer is that, at least it was that the added goodies were all fresh!

Definitely, definitely not a place for me. I am at loss to see where the rave can be found. Try it for yourself and agree (or disagree)! Without the dining, takeout is 10% off.

One of a Kind Pasta & Grill on Urbanspoon


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe