Holy Basil, Canley Heights

9:44 PM

I only ever like Holy Basil during the daytime. During the evening, it's way too crowded and even distressing for me to even look at. I short post for Holy Basil - the food is always great here! It's always busy and is higher priced than other Thai & Laos restaurants in the Fairfield Area. 

Holy Basil and Green Peppercorn are brother restaurants - so the prices are about the same, and the food is similiar, except that I find Holy Basil to be a tad better for some dishes.

 1. Lemon Lime Bitters $4.50
Always a favourite to order!
2. Pad See Ew $12.90
With beef, the pad se ew was perfect! I loved the fat cuts of rice noodles, and the sauce was terrific of course.

3. Fried Ice-cream $13.90
This is, without a doubt, the best fried ice-cream I've ever had! And I get the same feeling each time I have it. It's absolutely perfect. I love the crunchy bits of coconut museli and caramel. They got this spot on. No improvement needed. 

I've also tried their Sticky Coconut Rice Pudding and Durian ($13.90), which I thought was terrible. I just don't get the sticky rice and sweets combination! There were just all sorts of wrong here.

Just like Green Peppercorn, their shakes are fantastic! It is .50c less here, but they don't have an option of coconut - so I much prefer GPC for shakes! 

I can't help but compare Green Peppercorn and Holy Basil because they're both so similiar. There are cheaper prices at Holy Basil, overall, better dishes, a nice patio and fried ice cream; but at GPC we have coconut shakes and very attentive staff! I guess it depends on what you prefer at the time of deciding!

233A Canley Vale Rd
Canley Heights NSW
2166 Australia
Holy Basil on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe